Porchetta - italian pork roast
1.5 kg porchetta (a savory, fatty, and moist boneless pork roast)
1 good handful of parsley
1 good handful of basil
1 good handful of thyme
2 tablespoons rub (I used Louisiana from @Pazil.eu)
Juice from 1/2 lime
1) Cover the skin/pork roast with coarse salt and leave it in the refrigerator, for a few hours (while you prepare the filling).
2) Start your bonfire, approx. 1 hour before you want to use it. Prepare rotisserie.
3) Rinse of the salt and wipe the pork roast well with a kitchen towel.
4) Get the herb mixture inside and tie it up tight and put your spear through.
5) Lets start grilling the pork roast on the rotisserie at the bottom hole.
(Remember that you need plenty of heat, if the roast is getting crispy and about to darken, then move it up a notch)
6) Now grill the roast for approx. 2.30 hours or until 65-68 degrees at core temperature.
Serve it with grilled green and smashed potatoes.
Recipe by Martin Handgaard